Thursday, July 1, 2010

**Research is Writing and Writing is Research**

The sooner you realize the more you will enjoy research! I am trying to inculcate the habit of writing technical reports. These can be of papers I read, talks I attend or even ideas that come to my mind. This decision comes after reading the following saying:-

"Writing, like teaching, is a great clarifier. Committing to paper that which is fuzzy in your mind focuses attention on detail"

It did not require a third person to convince me on this but this pushed me beyond the border of procrastination! My hope is the quality of my writing will improve over time and the time it takes will reduce as well. Only way to know is by doing it consistently and evaluating :-)

Jumping into the main topic, I plan to share my knowledge on the following topics in the coming weeks. The long weekend hopefully will be fruitful and I will have at the least two of these nailed!

1) Optical Flow ( various methods, codes available and their pros and cons)
2) Anomalous behavior detection ( Anomaly Detection )
3) Geometric Blur as an invariant feature
4) Spectral Clustering

1 comment:

gocrack said...

Your style is so unique compared to other people I have read stuff from. Many thanks forposting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this site Debut DisplayFusion